Sunday 22 January 2017

22/01/2017 - What I've been reading.

A couple of posts I'd like to mention. The first is Killing Databases in SQL Server on Linux from Andrew Pruski (twitter) - very interesting read about the behaviour of Linux and a particular quirk that was discovered. The comments make an interesting read too but I'm not going to go into those. What I will say is that I've had a good read of other articles on Andrews blog, I really like the style of it with the recommended reads and especially the coffee bits. 

The next post is from Edwin Sarmiento (twitter) entitled Confessions of a Junior SQL Server DBA. Edwin's posts are always thought provoking and this one is really no exception. It made me think back to when I was starting out with SQL Server and all the people that have helped me along the way, there's a mention of Aaron Bertrand that just typifies the SQL Server professional.

Have a read and like most SQL blogs have a good read through the blogs because there's an awful lot to discover in them!


No comments:

Post a Comment